Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Assignment 8 - Create a Logo

Occupy, free time, fans, BBC, television programs, series, computer, streaming, BBCAmerica, watching

Words chosen: BBC, Computer, Occupy, TV Program/series, Watching.



Review of images by row --


BBC: 

  1. While I do like this image, it would be too cluttered for an app icon.
  2. Wouldn't look the best as app image, though the idea of using a QR-Code isn't the weirdest idea I've ever had.
  3. Regular icon, uncluttered, not bad.
  4. HD icon, uncluttered, love the color coming off the HD part. My problem is that I'm not sure the prettiness of the colors would be easily seen on an app image, and WOULD ultimately make it cluttered.
  5. I do enjoy this one. I'm just not sure about the colors. Maybe I could make that into the app background?
Computer:
  • I think my main issue with all the images on this is that it has less to do with the app or the BBC and more to do with how most people in America and other countries have to watch BBC shows if they want to watch them at the same time as the UK.
Occupy:
  • Don't want to use bathroom occupy logos, but the shape is interesting. might use something similar in the app logo design; the name with some small image below it.
  • signs seem to be a popular thing with Occupy as an image search; probably because of the Occupy movement. It wasn't my intention to use the word occupy in this function, but it was interesting to see how people dealt with the occupy movement in a creative/design way. I doubt I'll go that route, but it was kinda cool.

TV Programs/Series:
  • Most images that I found with this search had to do with specific shows, which wasn't what I was aiming for. The image that strayed from that which I found interesting and relevant was an image of the BBC iPlayer from the PS3 home. It's simple, but works well. 

Watching:
  • Most of the images I found with this were variations of eyes. I like this idea a lot. The whole point of the app would be to see extra content, stuff no one has had access to previously. And as creepy as the image is, I do like images 1 and 2, which show the entire eye. I like 1 because its an actual eye shape, but 2 because its a cartoon (or, well, more cartoon like).



Finished App Logo:

No comments:

Post a Comment